Denyque, who was one of the first women to come forward with claims that she was being extorted by the operators of a website that had obtained nude pictures of her, is also appealing to other victims to come forward.
"You need to be able to have a backbone … . You can't sit back and allow people to walk all over you because then you will have no voice and nobody will hear you," she stated. However, the entertainer said she understands if some people refuse to come forward.
Investigators say, so far, only 25 persons have come forward, even though their probe has revealed that hundreds of persons had been targeted.
Oates was charged last Friday with various breaches of the Cybercrimes and Larceny acts and is scheduled to make his first court appearance today in the Corporate Area Resident Magistrate's Court.
Investigators at the Organised Crime Investigations Division (OCID) have alleged that the 27-year-old was the "main player" behind an elaborate scheme to gain access to the email accounts of his victims, before informing them that nude photographs were taken from the accounts and demanding between $10,000 and $20,000 not to publish them on the Internet.
Yesterday, Denyque praised the police for taking "the proper precaution and going out there and doing what they had to do".
"A lot of women were victimised, and I am relieved to know that some steps have been taken to remedy the situation," she said.